Friday, May 2, 2014

DTC 375 Final blog entry --- DTC Showcase

Each year that I have been to he DTC show case, I am always blown away by the animations. I know how hard they are, as I took both the beginning and advanced animation classes. I can appreciate the hard work, planning, frustration, and time that goes into them. at the DTC showcase,  all of the animations where great. My favorite however was the one that was a spoof of Minecraft. I personally
have never played the game Minecraft, but I am a friend with people that do, and so I know the premise well enough. I thought that visually, that animation was spot on. With its pixelated and blocky style, a mine craft animation done in that way is a wise choice. It would allow the animator to create visuals and models that look like the original game. These looked professional and well made. The actual animation was spot on as well.
            Another project that I really liked was the Ski video. The video was super well edited, and it was fun to watch. I always admire people that edit films together from a lot of footage like they did. It is a huge challenge, and I learned that last semester in DTC 354 when I was creating my final video. I made it as an inside look at being in marching band. I had a camera running for five of the games and
practices, and other times. It was a huge challenge to pair down the footage so it could fit perfectly into a four-minute video. In their video, I loved how the music synced really well with the visuals. There was also a lot of energy in the movie, and color, or the lack of color was used fantastically. Though we only got to see a few minutes of it, I would watch the rest as well.

            The DTC showcase was awesome. It was really cool to see the projects that people were working on. It is sort of inspiration to continue to strive for improvement in my own work. It was also interesting to see everyone else’s final games, and to see ours finally completed. I can’t wait to see what is included net year, as each year, there are cooler, and cooler projects shown.

No comments:

Post a Comment